Highlands Australian Cobberdogs is located on 40 acres of beautiful rolling hills in beautiful Elizabeth, Colorado, home of the rocky mountains. Our first and foremost mission is to provide our families with a puppy that best represents the traits of the Australian Cobberdog: Excellent health, temperament and conformation are just some of those traits.
Read on for more information about our dedication to this wonderful breed:
- Committed to the integrity of the breed as founded and developed by Rutland Manor and Tegan Park Breeding Facilities in Australia. As a result, we only breed the Australian Cobberdog whose lines are primarily from the Breed Founders themselves.
- Protecting the health of the breed is an integral point of our breeding program as evidenced by the rigorous testing we perform on all our breeding males and females. In addition to running full DNA profiles, we also perform Veterinarian led tests on Hips and Elbows, full CBC Blood panels as well as additional testing relevant to the breed including testing for PRCD (and PRA unless they are clear by parentage), hereditary recessive neuropathy, centronuclear myopathy, degenerative myelopathy, Von Willibrands to name only a few of approx. 50 tests done. A snapshot of their primary health test results are posted on our site on “Our Dogs’ page under their names. We go above and beyond the required testing to ensure that our families are adopting puppies with the best start to a long, healthy life. 2 year Health Guarantees are provided with each puppy adopted.
- We are proud to be members of the MDBA, a global registry for all Pure Breed Dogs, which is the ONLY registry that recognizes is committed to the Australian Cobberdog as a Pure Breed in Development.
- Early socialization of our puppies is a very important part of our breed program. A family of 5, we are all involved and committed to early neurological stimulation and socialization of our puppies before they leave us. Please visit our linked page for more detailed information.
- We are committed to staying small so our dogs and puppies receive the best care, love and attention they deserve.